Cardinal Pell and Brisbane (Main Forum)
It is only available for on-line subscribers and after some searching (!) I discovered this:
VATICAN II and its impact on today's Church was the topic of a talk given by Cardinal George Pell at a recent Knights of Malta Queensland branch breakfast in Brisbane.
I don't know anything about this 'group' but I would guess that they may not be a part of the liberal/left/reforming wing of the RCC!
A quick look at their website tells me that the main qualifications sought in those invited to join are to be a Catholic in good standing and to be verified by Church authorities.
In addition, each new aspirant to membership is required to engage in a twelve-month probation before membership is finally submitted to Rome.
Not sure how many ladies are members but...
It should be noted that the Order encourages and warmly welcomes the involvement of spouses of members in its various activities. Thus some of the spiritual activities such as the Masses and Retreats are often supported by members' spouses, family members and friends. The same is true of the very enjoyable social gatherings conducted by the Order.
- Cardinal Pell and Brisbane - PatrickW, 2012-03-24, 10:34
- Cardinal Pell and Brisbane - Macbee, 2012-03-24, 12:13
- Cardinal Pell and Brisbane - Helen, 2012-03-24, 12:13
- Cardinal Pell and Brisbane - Macbee, 2012-03-24, 16:50
- Cardinal Pell and Brisbane - Marian, 2012-03-24, 19:00
- Bishop Jarrett's Lenten Letter to the Catholics of Brisbane! - desi, 2012-03-24, 20:33
- Cardinal Pell and Brisbane - desi, 2012-03-24, 17:26
- Cardinal Pell and Brisbane - Helen, 2012-03-24, 17:36
- Cardinal Pell and Brisbane - Macbee, 2012-03-24, 17:51